What is possible to the human adolescent? Our view is that properly empowered, and in the right learning environment, high school students are capable of much more than conventional education enables them to achieve. High school students are and ought to be purpose-driven: with creative, entrepreneurial, or intellectual passion beyond the boundaries of conventional schools. They are and ought to be meaning-driven: deeply reflective about the nature of the true and the good in a way that conventional standards don’t serve. They are and ought to be mature and responsible: able to gradually take ownership over their own education and relationships. And they are and ought to be non-standard: advanced in one or more domains in ways that basic courses cannot serve, and with different and evolving areas of growth that conventional methods can’t help them optimally address.
The Academy of Thought and Industry is a small but innovative high school model that offers a deep knowledge curriculum within a framework of self-directed learning. Our carefully crafted program offers an integrated approach to achieving personal, academic, and professional excellence. Together with our students, we identify and support individualized development plans that help each student engage in meaningful work and acquire the requisite content, skills, and experiences necessary for the life he or she wants to live.
ATI combines the knowledge and reasoning ideals of a liberal arts education, real-world experiential opportunities for today’s urban teenagers and a supportive learning community to help each student uniquely thrive. It’s a blend of the best of a classical approach to education with the best of what alternative and experiential education have to offer. In addition, ATI offers a strong college preparatory curriculum, including a systematic approach to standardized testing and an integrated approach to AP courses.
Our ideal School Operations Support Staff (Administrative Assistant) is someone passionate about creating a thriving community for adolescents. Supporting the smooth daily operations of a campus is no small feat! This role is perfect for a team player excited to support a small team of students and staff. This is a part-time role that aligns with the school year, so it is ideal for someone looking for summers off and a school calendar schedule. The typical work week would be Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 12: 30pm. The starting rate of pay is between $20-25 an hour based on previous administrative experience.
About the Role
The responsibilities include:
Campus & Facility Maintenance
- Support the Head of School and teachers with all routine essential processes for maintaining a safe and healthy environment for all school community members.
- Proactively ensure school building is clean, well-maintained, safe, secure, and meeting educational needs. This includes ongoing communication and strategizing with vendors to ensure a clean and healthy campus is accessible for all.
- Respond to facilities, maintenance, and equipment requests from staff, assign to custodial staff and vendors, and resolve quickly.
- Order, receive, and maintain necessary school and central supplies
Administrative Duties & Communication
- Receive incoming communications from various community constituents- students, guides, parents, and prospective parents.
- Organize and facilitate campus supply ordering
- Basic tech support for facilitating internal and external meetings, and virtual classes
Student & Staff Transitions & Operations
- Arrival & check in support
- Including but not limited to: set up and take down of check in tables, temperature checks, daily wellness checks, and record keeping of daily arrivals and exits
- Coordinate and facilitate mid-day transitions
- Manage attendance procedures, archive and store records
We strongly encourage and welcome people from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity and join our unique community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
ATI San Francisco is located in beautiful Pacific Heights at the corner of Jackson and Scott Streets, in a wonderful building across from Alta Plaza with views of the Bay.
In addition to the opportunity to co-create a new model for high school, we offer a competitive salary and benefits, an academic schedule with summers off, and the opportunity to be an integral member of a meaningful community.
If you're as excited about this endeavor as we are, please apply below and include a detailed cover letter explaining your qualifications and interest in this role.