Do you want more for teens than the traditional high school rat race? Are you passionate about helping them discover their individual strengths and passions? Do you believe an exceptional high school education can—and should—prepare each student to live a meaningful life? If so, Academy of Thought and Industry might be for you!
The Academy of Thought and Industry in San Francisco is a cutting-edge, innovative new high school that helps students prepare for a successful, meaningful and satisfying life. ATI combines the knowledge and reasoning ideals of a liberal arts education, with the experiential opportunities for authentic work and engagement. We are a values-driven school that aspires to insure all students develop a passion for knowledge, a strong work ethic, a sense of agency, solid character as part of a caring and supportive community.
About the Role
To help us on our mission, we're looking for an Admissions & Communications Associate to join our team! Responsibilities include:
- Represents ATI during daily visits, school fairs, Open Houses, and other information sessions both on and off campus
- Establishes and maintains effective ongoing communications with applicants and their parents
- Serves as member of Admission and Financial Aid Committees; responsible for evaluating the credentials of applicants
- Counsels and advises families on the admission process, our curriculum and program, and the school's mission and purpose
- Plans, coordinates and oversees admission events, including directing parent and student volunteer support
- Manages online application database, and other data management processes
- Performs other admission related duties as assigned
- Post-ATI Success (College or Admissions)
- Own the Coordination and Success of Post High School Success and College Admissions (or High School Admissions for a Middle School)
- Ensure that students and families have a clear understanding of the process for pursuing college or other options and that they are getting appropriate support to effectively take the next step in their educational or professional journey.
- Plan and execute a clear post-high school success strategy, mostly focused on managing an excellent college (or High school) admissions process.
- Ensure that all information about requirements (including testing requirements, dates, locations, registration, payments, accommodations etc.) are communicated in a timely way to all students and families and that appropriate follow-up and action occurs.
- Manage your school’s and students’ use of SCOIR (college readiness management tool).
- Coordinate with your school’s college counselor (or high school counselor) to ensure students and families are receiving consistent clear and coordinated communication about their path ahead, including college planning information sessions for students and parents.
- Leverages existing relationships with guides and students to ensure collaborative approach to communications
- Creates, coordinates and manages a comprehensive social media presence for the school with emphasis on the admissions process; photograph, film/edit, and write as needed
- Collaborates with the Head of School to create print and on-line admissions marketing campaigns
- In partnership with the Head of School, produces new video content for website and social media, print and online admission marketing material, including inquiry and acceptance pieces
- Co-creates print and online communications materials
- Perform other communications related work as assigned
- Event Management
- Clarify vision and purpose
- Determine needs and manage a budget in alignment with School budget
- Secure permissions
- Arrange transportation
- Coordinate logistics
- Manage vendor relationships including food or extra-curriculars
- Communicate with stakeholders such as parents
- Support marketing or outreach as needed
- Manage set-up and clean-up
- Collaborate with Head of School, Guides, and your students to manage school-related events such as Camping trips, Parent Nights, Learning Immersives or Excursions, Showcase, Graduation. This may require directly doing tasks or managing Guides and students to responsibly do them.
This position is a full-time, salaried role starting at $50,000 - $60,0000 a year. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer health, dental, and vision insurance, paid-time off, tax-advantaged savings accounts, an extremely generous tuition discount, and a 401k retirement plan.
Our ideal candidate is a mission-driven professional who is excited to manage admissions and communication efforts, utilize systems and drive our marketing and admissions strategy.
We're looking for someone who has:
- A passion for being a part of a team that is re-inventing high school
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- Prior experience in education as an Admissions Director, education administrator, or upper school teacher
- Knowledge of the San Francisco independent school market
- An affinity for connecting with people
- Strong organizational skills and comfort using and managing systems
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience with CRM
- A high degree of personal initiative
- Committed to the idea of endless improvement personally and professionally
- An entrepreneurial mindset, eagerness to solve problems, and an excitement to continue expanding our ATI network in San Francisco!
About the Program
ATI aims to offer adolescents a school that blends experimental and intellectual learning opportunities for real creativity and work. We lay a foundation for our students through our core classes and then individualize the school experience for each student through our one-on-one coaching, our elective offerings and our support for independent student work. Every student at ATI has a coach dedicated to supporting their development as a learner and as a capable young person.
If you're as excited about this program as we are, please apply below and include a detailed cover letter explaining your qualifications and interest in this role.