Do you want more for teens than the traditional high school rat race? Are you passionate about helping them discover their individual strengths and passions? Do you believe an exceptional high school education can—and should—prepare each student to live a meaningful life? If so, Academy of Thought and Industry might be for you!
The Academy of Thought and Industry in San Francisco is a cutting-edge, innovative new high school that helps students prepare for a successful, meaningful and satisfying life. ATI combines the knowledge and reasoning ideals of a liberal arts education, with the experiential opportunities for authentic work and engagement. We are a values-driven school that aspires to insure all students develop a passion for knowledge, a strong work ethic, a sense of agency, solid character as part of a caring and supportive community.
About the Role
To help us on our mission, we're looking for an Assistant Head of School / Admissions Director to join our team! Responsibilities include:
- Contributing to and modeling a positive, values-oriented culture with students, staff and families
- Developing and implementing on the ground, local marketing initiatives
- Planning and hosting outreach initiatives
- Manage the entire enrollment process and forge strong on-going relationships with families
- Manage day-to-day campus operations, including billing, attendance tracking, and regulatory requirements
- Plan and execute a post-high school success strategy, focus on college admissions process
- Manage and coordinate multiple school related events
- Work collaboratively with Guides and Students to fulfill the above duties
This position is a full-time, salaried role. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer health, dental, and vision insurance, paid-time off, tax-advantaged savings accounts, an extremely generous tuition discount, and a 401k retirement plan.
Our ideal candidate is a mission-driven professional who is excited to manage operations, utilize systems and drive our marketing and admissions strategy.
We're looking for someone who has:
- A passion for being a part of a team that is re-inventing high school
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- Prior experience in education as an Admissions Director, education administrator, or upper school teacher
- Knowledge of the San Francisco independent school market
- An affinity for connecting with people
- Strong organizational skills and comfort using and managing systems
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience with CRM
- A high degree of personal initiative
- Committed to the idea of endless improvement personally and professionally
- An entrepreneurial mindset, eagerness to solve problems, and an excitement to continue expanding our ATI network in San Francisco!
About the Program
ATI aims to offer adolescents a school that blends experimental and intellectual learning opportunities for real creativity and work. We lay a foundation for our students through our core classes and then individualize the school experience for each student through our one-on-one coaching, our elective offerings and our support for independent student work. Every student at ATI has a coach dedicated to supporting their development as a learner and as a capable young person.
If you're as excited about this program as we are, please apply below and include a detailed cover letter explaining your qualifications and interest in this role.