The Academy of Thought and Industry is looking for a Product Manager to help define and build our next generation of education product offerings. In this role you will work with an empowered team to come up with effective and viable solutions to help reimagine middle and high school education.
We’re looking for a product manager that considers shipping as the minimum, and continues to evaluate and measure if the solutions address the needs of our students, teachers, and school administration; and is comfortable working cross-functionally to achieve that goal.
Here are some of the key responsibilities:
- Deeply understand our users and their needs; and connecting that through to our existing and future technology.
- Assess existing tools in the market, understanding when we should purchase and when we should build.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work in a cross functional team-based environment.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across the company
- Help develop the product strategy or “North Star”, while also getting into the day-to-day details to strive towards the strategy
Apply if you meet many of the requirements below:
- Self-directed learner and problem solver.
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
- 2 years working on technology-powered products as either a product manager, product designer, engineer, data analyst, data scientist, or user researcher.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
We’d really love to talk to you if you have …
- A strong interest in education, particularly Montessori.
- A background in education or teaching.
The Academy of Thought and Industry is a network of Montessori-inspired schools for grades 7-12. We are driven by a deep desire to bring about widespread change in education today. Our middle and high school program applies Montessori pedagogy to the unique needs of adolescent students, fostering independence, curiosity, and agency. We now have six beautiful schools across the U.S. and a large virtual community, and we are actively expanding. We offer:
- Fully remote work
- A competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 100% tuition discount for two children at any school within our network (including Higher Ground Education Montessori schools for younger children)
- A network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Career growth and promotion opportunities
Want to get to know us better? Check out:
- Academy of Thought and Industry
- Academy of Thought and Industry on Facebook.com
- Higher Ground Education