Do you want more for teens than the traditional high school rat race? Are you passionate about helping them discover their individual strengths and passions? Do you believe an exceptional high school education can—and should—prepare each student to live a meaningful life? If so, Academy of Thought and Industry might be for you!
The Academy of Thought and Industry in East Village is a cutting-edge, innovative new high school that helps students prepare for a successful, meaningful and satisfying life. ATI combines the knowledge and reasoning ideals of a liberal arts education, with the experiential opportunities for authentic work and engagement. We are a values-driven school that aspires to insure all students develop a passion for knowledge, a strong work ethic, a sense of agency, solid character as part of a caring and supportive community.
About the Role
To help us on our mission, we're looking for a Head of School / Principal to join our team! Responsible include:
- Communicating our pedagogical vision to teachers, students and families
- Provide coaching to teachers based on regular classroom observations
- Develop relationships with families and be the primary parent contact
- Develop and supervise all programs of the school, ensuring quality for the academic, internship, college preparation and extracurricular programs
- Support and monitor the individual student coaching by teachers
- Collaborate with the network to create annual calendars and weekly school schedules that meet the needs of the students, families, and network
- Manage the Assistant Head of School and the enrollment strategy and outcomes
- Achieve financial targets and campus profitability
- Teaching duties for your subject matter expertise
This position is a full-time, salaried role. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer health, dental, and vision insurance, paid-time off, tax-advantaged savings accounts, an extremely generous tuition discount, and a 401k retirement plan.
Our ideal candidate is a mission-driven professional who is excited to manage operations, utilize systems and drive our marketing and admissions strategy.
We're looking for someone who has:
- A passion for being a part of a team that is re-inventing high school
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- Prior teaching and leadership experience in education
- Knowledge of the New York independent school market
- Prior teacher coaching and management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills to lead school culture
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience with school budgets
- A high degree of personal initiative
- Committed to the idea of endless improvement personally and professionally
- An entrepreneurial mindset, eagerness to solve problems, and an excitement to continue expanding our ATI network in New York!
About the Program
ATI aims to offer adolescents a school that blends experimental and intellectual learning opportunities for real creativity and work. We lay a foundation for our students through our core classes and then individualize the school experience for each student through our one-on-one coaching, our elective offerings and our support for independent student work. Every student at ATI has a coach dedicated to supporting their development as a learner and as a capable young person.
If you're as excited about this program as we are, please apply below and include a detailed cover letter explaining your qualifications and interest in this role.